Welcome to the PVNC OECTA Website
We are at that time of year again that seems to slip by quicker then normal. Probably because the weather is getting nicer (I hope), daylight is getting longer, and we are so busy we blink, and the month is a 1/3 gone!
We have been out on many pizza visits; the message Andy and I have been making a point of spreading is be prepared:
1. Know what is going on by following Provincial, Andy and my emails.
2. Get the message out to friends, family and neighbours what is really going to happen if these changes take place.
3. Write a letter, set up an appointment and discuss concerns of proposed changes.
4. Get involved to keep up the pressure of sending a message to the government that these changes are not good for our students!
5. Start putting money aside in case there is job action, so you are prepared.
At this point we do not know what is going to happen for certain. We do not have a crystal ball, but the actions of the government are showing they will make regulation changes to suit their agenda.
As the summer approaches we will know more of what the government actually plans to do, and that information will get out to the members in a timely fashion. As you may or may not know our contract expires August 31, 2019. The process of negotiating depends on actions of parties involved. A new contract is never ready the day after an expiring one, so a process is involved in creating a new one. Let’s hope that all sides bargain in good faith. Just be prepared because knowledge is power.
OECTA PVNC Retirement Dinner Friday, June 7th, 2019 Personal Touch Banquet Hall, 1135 Lansdowne St. W Suite 200 Peterborough
OECTA PVNC Grade 8 Graduation Award WINNERS!.